Dulce de Leche Ice Cream
- 2 cups milk whole
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound Dulce de Leche sauce check out my recipe
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup pecans chopped, toasted if you wish
- Bring milk and cream just to a boil in a 3 quart heavy saucepan over moderate heat, then remove from heat and whisk in dulce de leche sauce until dissolved.
- Whisk in vanilla and transfer to a metal bowl. Quick-chill by putting bowl in a larger bowl of ice and cold water and stirring occasionally until cold, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Freeze mixture in ice cream maker until almost firm, then fold in pecans (optional).
- Transfer ice cream to an airtight container and put in freezer to harden, at least 1 hour.
Ice cream keeps 3 months in the freezer.
Calories: 1633kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 157g | Saturated Fat: 69g | Cholesterol: 375mg | Sodium: 300mg | Potassium: 1127mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 4289IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 758mg | Iron: 2mg