Lemon Cut-out Cookies
I used lemon essential oils to give these cookies a delicious taste, you could use any of your favourite essential oils, just make sure they are food grade.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 30 cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 drops Young Living lemon essential oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tablespoon milk of your choice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Grease the baking sheet and preheat oven to 400°F/ 200°C.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Blend in the eggs and essential oils and beat well.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder and add to the creamed mixture.
- Add the milk and vanilla. Mix well.
- Cover and chill for 1-2 hours if you have time, otherwise place between two pieces of parchment paper and roll out.
- Roll to 1/4 inch thick and cut with cookie cutters dipped in flour. Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 6-8 minutes.
I like to put two 1/4″ wooden batons down, between the parchment papers. This allows me to roll all the cookies to the same depth. You can buy them at any hardware store. make sure they are flat sided and not round!