by Tamzin | May 24, 2016 | Exploring the World, Focused Diets, Italy, Meals, Recipes, Styles of Dishes, Supper & Dinner, Vegetable, VegetarianPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 6 people
- 1 red onions sliced into thick wedges
- 4 courgettes zucchini, cut into chunky cubes
- 2 orange peppers de-seeded and sliced into strips
- 2 yellow peppers de-seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 lb mushrooms quartered
- olive oil low fat cooking spray
- 1 onion large white, chopped and sliced
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 14 oz chopped tomatoes with herbs
- basil or parsley a small bunch of fresh, chopped
- 200 g low fat soft cheese
- 300 g plain yogurt very low fat
- 1 teaspoon French mustard
- 1 Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 8 sheets lasagne no precooking required
- paprika to dust
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400° F).
- Prepare all the vegtables, chopping them to size
- Place the red onions, courgettes,mushrooms and peppers in a large roasting tray. Season, add yhe crushed garlic and spray with the low fat cooking spray and then roast for 25 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened and charred on the edges.
- Meanwhile, spray a non-stick pan with the low fat cooking spray and fry the white onion and crushed garlic until softened, adding a few tablespoons of water if they stick. Add the canned tomatoes, herbs and seasoning, and then bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Layer the roasted vegetables, lasagne sheets and tomato sauce twice over in a large ovenproof dish, finishing with a layer of lasagne covered in the cheesy yogurt sauce. Dust with paprika and bake for 25 minutes or until golden and bubbling up at edges.
Additional toppings Low fat topping: Gently warm the soft cheese, yogurt, mustard and nutmeg together and stir until smooth.