A simple recipe that is easy to adapt if you want too
Print Pin Rate
0 from 0 votes
Course: Afternoon Tea, Birthday parties, Celebrations
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Servings: 30 cookies
- 250 g unsalted butter softened
- 350 g granulated sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 10 ml Vanilla Extract
- 450 g all-purpose flour sieved
- 10 ml baking powder
- 5 ml salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with sugar, using a electric hand whisk or a wooden spoon until light and fluffy
- Add the beaten egg and vanilla extracts, mix well. If the mixture curdles, add a tablespoon of flour, that will bring the mixture back
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture in batches, mixing after each addition of flour
- Do NOT chill dough.
- Divide dough into 2 balls.
- On a floured surface, roll each ball into a circle approximately 12 in. wide and 1/8 in. thick. See my note below for my perfered method
- Dip cookie cutter in flour before each use if they are sticking to the cookie dough
- Bake cookies on ungreased cookie sheet for 6-7 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.
Makes about 3 dozen. This recipe may be doubled. The cookies do not look done when they ARE done! very pale but nice and soft. cook for longer if you want crunchy cookies. You can add chocolate chips to the mixture with the flour, about 100g Rolling the dough out I use two pieces of parchment paper and some 1/4″ dowel rods( square not round) Put the cookie dough on the first sheet of parchment paper, put the dowels either side and the next piece of parchment on top. Now roll the cookie dough out. Remove the top sheet, cut out the cookie and place on a baking tray. Repeat this process until all the cookie dough is used up. Roll the parchment up around the dowels and put away ready for next time.
Calories: 163kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 103mg | Potassium: 20mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 216IU | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg