A winter desserttt hat is great with ice cream or custard.Print Pin Rate
For the pastry:
- 8 oz plain flour plus extra for dusting
- 4 oz butter , chilled, diced
- 1 egg lightly beaten
For the filling:
- 1 lb golden syrup
- 3 oz breadcrumbs fresh
- ground ginger generous pinch
- 1 lemon zest, finely grated and 2 tbsp of the juice
- In a bowl, rub the butter into the flour with your fingers until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the egg with a knife, then knead on a clean, lightly dusted work surface to form a smooth dough.
- Use the dough to line a 23cm/9in loose-bottomed tart tin, prick the base all over with a fork and leave to rest in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F degrees.
- Line the pastry with parchment paper and weigh down. Bake the pastry for 10-15 minutes, remove the paper and return the pastry case to the oven for a few minutes more, until light golden-brown.
- For the filling, mix together the filling ingredients in a bowl and pour into the pastry case. Return to the oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes. Serve hot or cold with clotted cream or double cream.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 3520kcal | Carbohydrates: 604g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 103g | Saturated Fat: 61g | Cholesterol: 407mg | Sodium: 1501mg | Potassium: 619mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 368g | Vitamin A: 3071IU | Vitamin C: 57mg | Calcium: 270mg | Iron: 16mg