The whisky (or whiskey if you are Irish or live in USA) is a small amount and adds a subtle and delicious flavour.Print Pin Rate
- 2 lb 1 kg Seville oranges
- 4 pints or 80 oz 2.5 litres water
- juice of 2 lemons
- 5 oz 150 ml whisky
- Scrub oranges, halve, squeeze juice and remove pips.
- Either chop rind finely, mince or liquidize roughly.
- Tie pips in a muslin bag.
- In a preserve pan, put chopped rind, juice of oranges and lemons, water and muslin bag.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 hours until volume is reduced by 1/3.
- Remove muslin bag and when cool, squeeze the jelly-like substance back in pan.
- Add sugar and heat until dissolved. Add whisky.
- Bring to a boil and boil rapidly until setting point is reached. Pot and cover.