Chocolate Chip Cookies
A delicious cookie that is full of flavour, slightly chewy and they will not last long once baked!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 24 cookies
- 4 oz lightly salted butter , softened – plus extra for greasing
- 1 1/2 oz vanilla caster sugar
- 2 1/2 oz soft dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 4 oz plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 5 oz chocolate (of your choice), cut into pea-size pieces
- 2 oz chopped walnuts – optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees and grease two baking sheets.
- Cream the butter and the two sugars together until light and fluffy. Lightly mix the egg and gradually beat it into the creamed mixture.
- Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda together and stir it into the mixture. Add chocolate and walnuts ( if using).
- Spoon heaped teaspoons of the mixture onto the prepared sheets, leaving room to spread. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the cookies are light brown.
- Remove with a spatula while they are hot and place on any flat surface to cool. They will become crisp as they cool. Store in an airtight container.
- They will freeze well, or you can freeze the uncooked mixture, just place the heaped teaspoons of the mixture in the freezer, and when they are frozen move to a container altogether. Bake as needed.
** Vanilla caster sugar is simple granulated sugar stored in a jar with two vanilla pods for flavor.