A ligth but delicious dessert that is even better the day afterPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 4 people
- 1/2 litre milk
- 50 g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3-4 drops vanilla essence
- 100 g sugar
- 125 ml water
- Prepare the caramel by placing three-quarters of the water in a thick-bottomed pan, adding the sugar and allowing to boil gently, without shaking or stirring the pan.
- When the sugar has cooked to a golden brown caramel color, adding the remaining quarter of the water, re-boil until the sugar and water mix, then pour into the bottom of six dariole moulds.
- Prepare the cream by warming the milk and whisking on to the beaten eggs, sugar and essence.
- Strain and pour into the prepared moulds.
- Please in a roasting tin half full of water.
- Cook in moderate oven 300 degrees for approximately 30 minutes.
- When thoroughly cold, loosen the edges of the cream caramels with the fingers, shake firmly to loosen and turn out on to a flat silver dish.
- Pour any caramel remaining in the mould around the creams.
Calories: 208kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 164mg | Sodium: 64mg | Potassium: 61mg | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 238IU | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg