- 7 sheets filo dough thawed
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 7 tbsp parmesan cheese grated and divided
- 1 cup onion very thinly sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 8 tomatoes cut into 1/8-in.-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves fresh
- black pepper Freshly ground
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray paper with cooking-oil spray (or brush lightly with vegetable oil).
- Lay 1 sheet filo on paper and brush lightly with a little melted butter. Sprinkle all over with 1 tbsp. parmesan.
- Repeat layering 5 more times (with filo, butter, and parmesan), pressing each sheet firmly so it sticks to sheet below. Lay
- Lay the last filo sheet on top, brush with remaining melted butter, and sprinkle on remaining 1 tbsp. parmesan.
- Scatter onion across filo, top with mozzarella, and arrange tomato slices in a single layer, overlapping slightly. Sprinkle with thyme and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake until filo is golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool 10 minutes, then serve.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 204kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 246mg | Potassium: 349mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1417IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 147mg | Iron: 1mg