Fresh pasta is simple to make and very quick to cook. It has a great flavour and the whole family can help.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 egg beaten, use 2 eggs if using '00' flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 200 g flour '00' is best but plain works well
- 30 ml water
- 75 g semolina flour for using at the end to stop the pasta sticking
- Mix the flour ans salt together, make a dip in the center
- Pour the beaten egg into the dip and mix with the flour until a dough forms. if it too dry at some water to it. You want the dough to have a slight stickiness
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes then place in a plastic bag and leave to rest for one hour
- Take the dough and roll it out on a floured surface into an oblong
- If you have a pasta machine, now put the dough through the machine, starting on the highest number and each time take it down a number until you get the thickness you want.
- If you are putting it through a pasta shaper, now do that, and as the dough comes out let it go straight into a bowl with semolina flour. This will prevent it from sticking.
- If you are not using a pasta machine, roll the pasta out until it is the desired thickness and using a knife cut into lasagne sheets or fettuccine etc. Put the pasta into semolina flour to stop it sticking
Calories: 281kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 308mg | Potassium: 127mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 59IU | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 3mg