Really this should be a half pound cake! but the principle of the cake is the same. simple yet deliciousPrint Pin Rate
- 4 oz 125 g plain flour, sifted
- 4 oz 125 g potato flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 8 oz 250g butter
- 8 oz 250g caster sugar
- seeds from 1/4 of a vanilla pod
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp milk
- icing sugar to decorate
- Sift the plain flour, potato flour and baking powder together. Set aside. Beat the butter, caster sugar and vanilla seeds together until pale and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, adding a little of the flour if the mixture begins to curdle. Beat in the lemon zest.
- Gradually beat in the flour until everything is evenly mixed. Stir in the milk. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the preheated (350 F degrees / 180 C) oven for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven, ease away from the sides of the tin and leave to rest for 10 minutes. Turn out on to a wire rack and leave to cool. Transfer to a serving plate and dust with a little icing sugar to decorate.