- 3 lb 5 oz 1.5 kg pumpkin, peeled – all seeds removed and flesh sliced
- 1 3/4 pints 1 litre water
- 1 1/2 lb 675 g oranges, halved and sliced thinly
- 1 1/2 lb 675 g lemons, halved and sliced thinly
- 3 oz 80 g fresh root ginger, shredded finely
- 3 lb 1.3 kg granulated sugar
- Place the pumpkin in a large pan, with the water, oranges, lemons and ginger. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 45 minutes – 1 hour until the citrus peel is very soft.
- Add the sugar, stirring until it has dissolved. Return to a boil and then cook over medium heat until the mixture is thick enough for a wooden spoon to be drawn through the center to leave a clear channel.
- Pour the marmalade into cool, sterilized jars and seal with waxed discs or twist top lids. Label and store.