Red (Bell) Pepper & Chili Soup
A great soup or with less stock a fabulous sauce for meatballs, lasagne or bolognaise sauce.Print Pin Rate
- 8 oz red bell peppers seeded and sliced (2 peppers)
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 green chili chopped
- 1 1/2 cups passata (sieved tomatoes)
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp basil chopped
- fresh basil sprigs to garnish
- Put the (bell) peppers in a large saucepan with the onion, garlic and chilli. gentle cook for 5 minutes
- Add the passata (sieved tomatoes) and vegetable stock and bring to the boil, stirring well.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 10-12 minutes or until the (bell) peppers have softened.
- Blend in a food processor until smooth.
- Garnish the soup with fresh basil sprigs and serve.
Calories: 77kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 655mg | Potassium: 571mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 2619IU | Vitamin C: 86mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 2mg