- 1 kg/2 lb strawberries 60ml/4 tbsp water
- 25 g/1 oz gelatin 250g/9oz sugar
- 2 lemons ½ pt double/heavy cream
- 3 egg whites
- Prepare the soufflé dish by tying a collar of double greaseproof paper (or foil) round the dish.
- Wash and hull the strawberries. Reserve a few for decoration and sieve or liquidize the rest.
- Soak the gelatin in the water.
- Put half the pureed fruit in a pan and add 150g/6oz sugar the gelatin and strained lemon juice.
- Stir gently until sugar and gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat and add the remaining puree. Leave to cool.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff and add remaining sugar, whisk the cream until thick. Fold both of these into the strawberry mixture and blend well.
- Pour into prepared soufflé dish and refrigerate until firm. (Carefully remove and decorate)