- 6 medium/large peppers 115g/4 oz/1/2 cup of mozzarella
- 200 g/7oz/1 cup rice I love brown 90 ml/6 tbsp parmesan
- 1 large onion – finely chopped Salt and pepper
- 3 canned anchovy fillets – chopped 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves – finely chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes – peeled and cut into small chunks
- 60 ml/4 tbsp white wine
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- Cut the top of the peppers, scrape out the seeds and core. Blanch the peppers and their tops in a pan of boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Remove and drain on a rack.
- Boil the rice you have chosen, following packet instructions, but drain and rinse in cold water 3 mins before full time.
- In a large frying pan, heat 2 tbsp of oil and sauté the onions until soft. Stir in the chopped anchovy pieces and the garlic and mash them. Add tomatoes and wine. Cook for 5 mins.
- Preheat oven 190 degrees/375 degrees /Gas 5 degrees.
- Remove the tomato mixture from the heat. Stir in the rice, parsley, mozzarella and 4 tbsp parmesan cheese. Season to taste.
- Pat the inside of the peppers dry, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Shift the peppers with the rice mixture.
- Sprinkle the top with parmesan and remaining oil.
- Arrange peppers in a shallow baking dish. Pour enough water to come 1cm/1/2 in up the side of peppers. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve at once with a fresh tomato sauce if you wish. They can be served warm, hot or cold. 🙂